“It’s such a new look!” exclaimed Bazaar Editor-in-Chief, Carmel Snow, about Christian Dior's debut collection in 1947 which launched the fit and flare dress silhouette. The Bar Suit returned femininity to women's clothing in the post-WWII era and launched a global fashion revolution.
Why we love it:
- Everyone needs that perfect little black dress with pockets that works for any occasion.
- The outer fabric is a silk-wool which is as luxurious as it is versatile. It elevates the even most simple design, which is probably why it was Jackie Kennedy's go-to fabric during her White House years.
- It’s the perfect black dress to wear to work and for an evening out with a quick swap of your accessories.
- The hidden side-seam pockets in this 50s style dress will comfortably hold an iPhone Plus without ruining the line of the dress.
Fit notes and construction details:
- A-line pleated dress with pockets.
- Piping detail at waist and faced hem with couture style inside lace detail covering hem.
- Side darts provide shape to the bodice. (Note: this style is made from silk-wool and does not contain any stretch materials.)
- Lining is 100% silk.
- The bodice and waist are fitted, so please mind our size guide when selecting your size. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small. If you are on the border, we recommend sizing up.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles
**Note: Final sale items can only be returned for store credit.
- You can change up the look of this dress with the Coco or Jackie removable collar.
- The piping which defines the waist enables you to style the dress on its own or by adding a belt or scarf.
- Pair with a jacket and pearls for the day, or your favorite sparkly stilettos for an evening look.
Made to order:
This item will not be restocked in its current fabric, but is available in sizes 0-14 for on a made-to-order basis in a range of colors in silk-wool or silk cotton. Additional fabrics are possible, subject to availability.
Discounts do not apply to made-to-order items and cannot be returned. They ship 4-8 weeks after the order is placed.
Please indicate desired size and color in the notes section of the order or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to discuss options before placing an order, please email us and we would be happy to discuss.