Jean Shrimpton was one of the faces of the Swinging London in the 1960s. The way Twiggy was thoroughly Mod, “The Shrimp” was the more posh and aristocratic face of this era. She caused a sensation when she visited Melbourne in a white shift dress that hit above her knee and was worn without stockings. This dress was the inspiration behind this easy, but elegant style.
Why we love it:
- The Jean is the little black dress for days when you really want to wear sweatpants.
- It's loose, without being oversized. It's a dress you can move in.
- This style can be made from signature virgin Italian wool —a fabric that is not only comfortable, but forgiving when it comes to wrinkles from wear and packing. A quick steam or wrinkle release spray is all the dress needs for a quick refresh.
- It can be made with an English Wool Satin Gabardine in a variety of colors.
- It can also be made with traditional suiting materials such as a Superfine 120s Australian wool or a Super 160s English wool for an upcharge due to the higher cost — samples available upon request by emailing us.
- Please note: fabrics are subject to stock availability.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Loose shift.
- Wide bateau neckline.
- Hidden side seam pockets.
- Invisible zipper and blind hem.
- Lined in silk charmeuse.
- This style is loose and forgiving. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- This style can be further customized with either our Jackie or Coco collar.
Made to Order:
- In the order notes please indicate your desired color and size.
- You can further customize the lining of this item. Please send us your desired color family for the item and we will email you options.