Ali McGraw's style from the romantic tragedy, Lovestory, inspired our classic A-line skirt. Her iconic style is the preppy version of 60s mod fashion and resonates with women still today.
Why we love it:
- This A-line skirt with pockets is not as fitted as our Sophia pencil skirt or full as our Diana fit and flare skirts. It lies somewhere between, whose style is as all-American as its inspiration.
- This item is part of the Senza Tempo Capsule Collection made from our signature Italian virgin wool twill, which is comfortable and travel-friendly as it's forgiving when it comes to wrinkles. A quick steam or crease release spray is all it needs for a quick refresh. We are always adding to this collection of wardrobe essentials to help women easily create a capsule wardrobe.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Black knee-length A-line skirt with pockets hidden in the side seam.
- Piping at the waist is covered in our custom blue silk paisley print.
- Darts at the waist help shape the style for a better fit.
- Blind hem finished by hand.
- Outer fabric is 94% Italian virgin wool, 4% polyamide, 2% elastane made in Italy. Lining is 100% silk in our custom blue paisley.
- This style sits lower on the waist and eases out into an A-line, so please mind your waist and hip measurements when consulting our size guide. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- The Ali can be paired with our Frances top or Natalie jacket.
- The slight A-line shape and length make this skirt one of our most versatile styles and works with flats, tall boots, or heels.