Gamine supermodel Twiggy, neé Lesley Lawson, was the fashion icon and face of London’s swinging Mod sixties. The clean, A-line shape and sleek construction of the trapeze dress defined the style of this period. This silhouette was both functional and ultra-modern.
Why we love it:
- If we had to pick one word to describe the Lawson it’s: Ease.
- The trapeze shape is forgiving and comfortable, but the crisp clean lines keep the styles supremely elegant.
- Outer fabric is made of luxurious and crisp silk-wool with a silk habotai lining in scarlet red.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Trapeze, A-line shift dress.
- Jewel neckline.
- Side seam pockets that comfortably hold even an iPhone Plus
- Invisible back zip with hook & eye closure
- This style is made from silk-wool and does not contain any stretch materials. Please mind our size guide when selecting your size. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles
- You can change up the look of this dress by adding the Coco or Jackie removable collar — an accessory common in 1960s haute couture.
- The Lawson dress works as a cocktail dress with heels as pictured, but it can be worn with ballet flats or sandals for a more casual look.