Marilyn Monroe is best known for ultra glam, bombshell style. Off-screen she was most comfortable in a tee shirt and barefoot.
The founder created the Marilyn tees because she was tired of having her cotton tees wear out and get holes in them after only a few wears. Silk has the tensile strength of steel, thus it’s more durable. It also has a lower environmental impact than most other fabrics.
Why we love it:
- The perfect tee is what we all need, but is so hard to find.
- Silk elevates the look making it more versatile than your regular cotton tee shirt. It will take you from the workday to the weekend with ease.
- Frequent travelers know how hard it is to find items that are stylish, elegant and that pack well. A quick steam or wrinkle release spray is all the top needs for a quick refresh.
- The silk jersey gives the tee a better drape and is extremely comfortable. The Marilyn was featured in Fast Company as a way to reduce plastic in your life.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Ultra chic, high bateau neckline.
- Bound fold trim at hem, sleeves and neckline to create a polished finish.
- Body hits just above mid-hip.
- This is a more fitted style than the Francois, Marilyn I and II with a slimmer cut bust and waist, along with a higher neckline.
- This style is made from a stretch silk charmeuse.
- This style is more fitted than our Marilyn I or III, so if your bust or waist is on the border of our size guide we suggest sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Inside seams are sewn and finished with a 4-thread baby overlock for strength, to prevent fraying and to create a clean finish.
- Made in Los Angeles
- This style is made from the same fabric as our Carole pants. The onyx pairs perfectly for a coordinated look.
- Like our Francois tee, the Marilyn works for any occasion.
- It can be paired with jeans for a more casual look, the Sophia pencil skirt or Diana A-line skirts when you are looking for a classic yet comfortable look for the office.
In the journal: