Claire McCardell was one of the first modern designers to promote the idea of a capsule wardrobe, which often meant creating coordinated ensembles in the same fabrics — one of Senza Tempo’s key design philosophies. Claire was a pioneer of American sportswear and a major influence on how we think of American fashion. The Claire II pant is our tailored take on the loungewear wardrobe staple.
Why we love it:
- These pants have a high rise and should fit at your natural waist. The wider leg flatters most body styles as it elongates the leg.
- The two-inch elastic waistband helps prevent the dreaded muffin top.
- We took one of our favorite luxury finishing techniques to cover the seams — a standard in couture — and applied it to both the Veruschka and Claire I ensemble to elevate these track-style lounge pants.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% cotton French terry wide-leg lounge pants. Deadstock fabric.
- Four-inch split cuff at the hem with covered hem on the inside.
- Style is designed to be relaxed, but not oversized. Order one size up if you want to wear lower on your hips.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles.
- This style matches the Veruschka kimono cardigan and is shown with the Marilyn III silk jersey tee.
- Machine wash cold delicate cycle to help preserve the look of the fabric over time.
- Tumble dry low.
Save 10% when you buy the Claire II and Veruschka ensemble with code FRENCHNAVY.