Marilyn Monroe is best known for glamorous, bombshell style. Off-screen she had more minimalist style and was most comfortable in a tee shirt and barefoot. The founder designed the Marilyn tees because she was tired of having her cotton tees quickly wear out and get holes in them after only a few wears. Silk has the tensile strength of steel. It's not only stronger than cotton but more versatile in that it can go from day to night in the way a cotton tee shirt cannot.
The Marilyn was featured in Fast Company as a way to reduce plastic in your life.
Why we love it:
- The perfect tee is the basis of every capsule wardrobe. When it comes to buying timeless investment pieces for your wardrobe, our silk jersey tee shirts are one of the most versatile items we make and a capsule wardrobe essential.
- The luster of the silk jersey elevates the look making it more versatile than a simple cotton tee shirt. It will take you from the workday to the weekend with ease.
- Our silk jersey tee shirts are the perfect addition to any travel-friendly capsule wardrobe. A quick steam or crease release spray is all the shirt needs for a quick refresh.
- The seasonless mid-weight silk jersey can be worn all year round, easily layered under blazers or sweaters. It‚Äôs perfect to wear to work, or for when you are looking for an elegant casual top.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% silk jersey tee shirt.
- The silk jersey has a natural stretch due to the weave of the fabric.
- Double fold bands at the hem, sleeves and neckline create a polished finish.
- Universally flattering scoop neck.
- This relaxed style hits mid-hip. The body is not oversized or fitted, but comfortably skims your body. It has the same body and fit as the Francoise and Marilyn III.
- We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small. If you are on the border of sizes or if you have wider shoulders, we recommend sizing up for the best fit.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Inside seams are sewn and finished with a 4-thread baby overlock for strength, to prevent fraying and to create a clean finish.
- Made in Los Angeles
- Like our Francoise tee, the Marilyn works for any occasion.
- It can be paired with jeans for a more casual look, the Sophia pencil skirt or Diana A-line skirts when you are looking for a classic yet comfortable look for the office.
This style can be hand washed if you are interested in reducing your dry cleaning. We have tested it with The Laundress products and instructions can be found on our Care page.