The photo of Suzy Parker along the Seine by Louise-Dahl Wolfe from 1953 is one of our all-time favorite fashion photos, as is the Balenciaga tulip dress created almost a decade later. This style tunic draws inspiration from these two iconic garments and photos. This refined tunic is our timeless interpretation.
Note: This version of Suzy is made from deadstock fabric and will not be re-issued in this fabric due to its limited availability.
Why we love it:
- The Suzy is made from a 100% cotton men’s shirting fabric that has a gorgeous silk-like texture. The color looks icy blue to white depending on the light.
- This style gives you the ease of a button-down shirt, but with cleaner lines since we left out the buttons.
- Overlapping petal-like side seam detail and split cuff add distinction without being fussy.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% cotton textured fabric adds dimension to the style.
- Modest V-neck and three-quarter length sleeves with split cuff on the inside.
- Darts give shape from waist to bust.
- This style is meant to fit. It is not an oversized tunic. If you are on the border of sizes or if you want a looser fit, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- This style works for the workweek or weekends, it’s look will depend on whether you pair it with jeans or a pencil skirt like the Sophia.