I grew up with grandmothers that wore house dresses and housecoats, Maria was my Greek grandmother. It’s style of dress that I associate solely with that generation of women. Today, women fill many roles: homemaker, mother, wife, executive — and they need their wardrobe to be as versatile as they are in life.
Maria is perfect for lounging around the house, but a swap of your shoes changes the look from casual to refined.
Note: This version of Maria is made from deadstock fabric and will not be re-issued in this fabric due to its limited availability.
Why we love it:
- The Maria is made from 100% cotton mens shirting material. It’s a lightweight, breezy material that already feels like your favorite pair of old pajamas.
- The loose A-line shape flatters most body types.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% cotton textured fabric adds dimension to the style.
- A-line shape, hits at knee.
- Darts at the bust give shape, but can be let out for a looser fit.
- Pockets are lined and finished on the inside for better stability and to create a clean finish.
- Armholes bound and stitched.
- This style is loose, but not drastically oversized. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up or if you want a looser fit order one size up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- You can let out the darts to give additional room in the bust and create a straighter fit.
- We like the idea of adding vintage buttons to the pockets for a design detail.
- Pair it with our Betty housecoat to complete the look.