“Lovestory” from 1970 starring Ali McGraw and Ryan O’Neal is one of the most successful romantic films of all time, and Jenny Cavalleri’s style remains iconic to this day. Her wardrobe is the preppier, Bostonian version mod 60s fashion, but entirely timeless.
Why we love it:
- Not as fitted as our Sophia or as full as our Diana skirts, the Ali’s style lies squarely in between. It's not full or fitted, just comfortable, easy and timeless.
- Our signature Italian wool twill is not only comfortable, but forgiving when it comes to wrinkles from wear and packing. A quick steam or wrinkle release spray is all the skirt needs for a quick refresh.
Fit notes and construction details:
- The Ali hits slightly below your natural waist as you can see from the photos and eases into a slight A-line.
- Hits at the knee.
- Piping at the waist is covered in our custom blue silk paisley print.
- Darts at the waist help shape the style for a better fit.
- Invisible zipper and hidden side seam pockets.
- Blind hem finished by hand.
- This style is made from our signature virgin Italian wool with light stretch.
- It is slightly more fitted on the hips and eases out into an A-line, so please mind your waist and hip measurements when consulting our size guide. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles.
- Made from our signature Italian Virgin wool twill the Ali can be paired with our Frances top or Natalie jacket. Shown here with the Marilyn II tee.
- The slight A-line shape and length make this skirt one of our most versatile styles and works with flats, tall boots or heels.