Mad Men is one of the founder’s favorite shows. Some of the most iconic scenes are of Betty Draper in a housecoat. We wanted to make a more versatile housecoat more like the 1920s beach pajamas women wore in stylish resort towns. The founder wears hers to protect herself from the sun when walking her dogs in sunny Charleston, SC. and as a swimsuit coverup.
Why we love it:
- The Betty is made from crisp cotton that gives the style structure so you don’t look like you are wearing a bathrobe in public.
- The kimono-style duster cardigan makes the coat feel easy and airy, perfect for sunny days or slightly cool nights.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% organic cotton (GOTS certified) made in India. Deadstock fabric.
- Kimono-style housecoat with three-quarter length bell sleeve, unlined.
- If you are on the border of sizes or if you want a more relaxed fit, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- We like to pair this housecoat with our Maria housedress for days when you want to wear something comfortable, with a little bit of polish.
- The structure and fabric make this style extremely versatile, it can be worn as a beach coverup, an outer layer when you are on your way to the gym, or a lightweight duster cardigan for weekend errands.