Mad Men is one of the founder’s favorite shows and some of the most iconic scenes, like the end of “Shoot” are of Betty Draper in a housecoat. Some of her styles were over the top, frilly styles, but we wanted to make something a little more versatile. The founder wears hers to protect herself from the sun when walking her dogs in sunny Charleston, SC.
Why we love it:
- The Betty is made from a crisp cotton that gives the style structure so you don’t look like you are wearing a bathrobe in public.
- The kimono style design makes the coat feel easy and airy, perfect for sunny days or slightly cool nights.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% organic cotton (GOTS certified from India)
- Kimono style house coat with three-quarter length bell sleeve. Unlined.
- Knee length.
- Pockets for treats.
- Review our size guide
- If you are busty or on the border of sizes or if you want a more relaxed fit, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- We like to pair this coat with our Maria housedress for days when you want something comfortable, with a little bit of polish.
- The structure and fabric makes this style extremely versatile, it can be worn as a beach coverup, an outer layer when you are on your way to the gym or lightweight duster cardigan for weekend errands.