“It’s such a new look!” exclaimed Bazaar Editor-in-Chief, Carmel Snow, about Christian Dior’s debut collection in 1947. The hourglass silhouette returned femininity to women’s clothing in the post WWII era and launched a global fashion revolution.
Why we love it:
- Everyone needs that perfect little black dress that works for any occasion.
- The outer fabric is a lustrous silk-wool which is as luxurious as it is versatile. It elevates the most simple designs, which is probably why it was Jackie Kennedy’s go to fabric during her White House years.
- Hidden side-seam pockets that will comfortably hold an iPhone Plus without ruining the line of the dress.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Piping detail at waist.
- Side darts provide shape to bodice.
- Faced hem with inside lace detail.
- This style is made from silk-wool and does not contain any stretch materials.
- The bodice and waist are fitted, so please mind our size guide when selecting your size.
- We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles
**Note: Final sale items can only be returned for store credit.
- You can change up the look of this dress with the Coco or Jackie removable collar.
- The piping which defines the waist enables you to style the dress on its own or by adding a belt or scarf. P
- Pair with a jacket and pearls for the day, or your favorite sparkly stilettos for an evening look.
In the journal:
Made to order:
This item will not be restocked in its current form, but is available in sizes 0-14 for on a made to order basis in a range of colors in silk-wool or silk cotton.
Discounts do not apply to made to order items and cannot be returned and ship 4-8 weeks after the order is placed.
Please indicate desired size and color in the notes section of the order or by emailing us at email@example.com