Alexander McQueen’s first haute couture collection for Givenchy in 1997 the ‘Search for the Golden Fleece’ is one of his most iconic shows, and supermodel Debra Shaw wore some of the collection’s best looks featuring dramatic, sculptural face framing collars. We love a face framing neckline at Senza Tempo, a detail that’s a hallmark of vintage design, and that’s what stands out on this classic white cotton tunic.
Why we love it:
- Classic with a twist. A white shirt is a wardrobe staple and we wanted to add a little drama to the design with the collar and cuffs, while still keeping it simple and versatile.
- The cuffs are wide and have a slight bell shape. They can be rolled back or left down to be full length.
- Side split that hits mid-hip on most women and is slightly longer in the back.
- The crisp Swiss cotton pique lends an air of polish while making it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles. While we love the idea of a no iron white shirt, we don’t love the chemicals that go into making them that way. The texture of the pique better masks wrinkles for when you don’t feel like ironing.
Fit notes and construction details:
- This white shirt has a roomy fit, but is not oversized. If you want an oversized fit, size up.
- Sleeves hit at wrist and feature a bell-shaped French-inspired cuff that can be turned back for a more polished rolled shirt-sleeves look.
- 100% Swiss cotton pique, see below for more information about the fabric.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles.
About the fabric:
- The Maggie is made from a Swiss cotton pique from one of the finest mills in Switzerland. The fabric meets the Swiss+ Cotton standards.
- The key attributes that distinguish Swiss+ certified cotton is that the raw material can only be extra long staple cotton (ELS) which is only 1% of the cotton produced in the U.S. and Egypt. The fibers must be at least 35.7mm. The length of the cotton fiber is what gives it its strength and makes this cotton 40% stronger than average cotton.
- Swiss expertise in the production (at least 67% of the value add to the raw material must be done in Switzerland to meet the Swiss+ standard) helps further distinguish Swiss+ cotton from other production centers.
- The mill produces all fabrics to Oekotex standards.
- Senza Tempo founder lives in white shirts whether it’s tees like the Marilyn, button-downs or tunics. With jeans for travel or casual shorts when working from home the Debra is a perfect addition to your capsule wardrobe.
- We love this style paired with cigarette pants for when you need comfort with polish, or paired with wide-leg pants like the Claire I pants for a relaxed casual feel.
- The Debra can be washed at home on the delicate cycle (cold water only).
- Lay flat or hang to air dry. Cool iron though the texture of the cotton pique fabric makes it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles.
- Debra can also be dry cleaned.