Francois Hardy was the girl next door in 1960's France. A singer, songwriter, actress and fashion icon whose style almost every woman could relate to. She frequently wore tees and dresses with sleeves down to her elbow, most notably in the movie Grand Prix which inspired this tee.
Why we love it:
- We expect more from our wardrobe and believe you should never have to sacrifice comfort for style or elegance — even when it comes to your tees.
- The mid-weight, ultra soft silk jersey makes the Francois one of the most versatile items in your wardrobe.
- The silk jersey can be worn all year round, layered and works in the office and out.
- This ultra-luxe fabric is comfortable and extremely forgiving when it comes to wrinkles from wear and packing. A quick steam or wrinkle release spray is all the shirt needs for a quick refresh.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Made from the ultra soft silk jersey, this relaxed style hits mid-hip and sleeves just above your elbow.
- The body is not oversized or fitted, but comfortably skims your body.
- It has the same body/fit as the Marilyn I and Marilyn III.
- Slightly wider jewel neck.
- Bound fold trim at hem, sleeves and neckline to create a polished finish.
- Skims the body, it's not tight or oversized.
- This style is made from an ultra soft silk jersey that offers superior drape without being flowing or tight. It has a relaxed fit, but is not oversized. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Inside seams are sewn and finished with a 4-thread baby overlock for strength, to prevent fraying and to create a clean finish.
- Made in Los Angeles
- Like our Marilyn tee, the Francois works for any occasion.
- It can be paired with jeans for a more casual look, the Sophia pencil skirt or Diana A-line skirts when you are looking for a classic yet comfortable look for the office.
- We also love it with the Carole pants, belt, sandals and headscarf for that Jackie O in Capri look.