Francoise Hardy's flawless 60s French style is often overshadowed by better known style icons like Catherine Deneuve, Brigitte Bardot, and Jane Birkin who is English but whose is often seen as the epitome of bohemian Parisian style in 60s. Francoise had a more minimalist and classic style than her fellow 60s style icons. She frequently wore tee-shirts and dresses with sleeves down to her elbow, like in the movie Grand Prix, which inspired this silk jersey tee.
Why we love it:
- Whether you are looking for fashionable travel clothes or to build a capsule wardrobe, our silk jersey tee shirts are essential investment pieces.
- The seasonless silk jersey top can be worn all year round, easily layer with sweaters or blazers, and work in the office and out.
- This ultra-luxe fabric is both comfortable and travel-friendly. All it needs is a quick steam or wrinkle release spray for a quick refresh.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% silk jersey tee shirt.
- The shirt has a natural stretch due to the weave of the fabric.
- This relaxed style hits mid-hip and sleeves just above your elbow. The body is not oversized or fitted, but comfortably skims your body. It has the same body and fit as the Marilyn I and Marilyn III.
- Double fold bands at the hem, sleeves, and neckline create a polished finish.
- The silk jersey offers a superior drape. It has a relaxed fit, but it is not oversized. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small. If you are on the border of sizes or if you have wider shoulders, we recommend sizing up for the best fit.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Inside seams are sewn and finished with a 4-thread baby overlock for strength, to prevent fraying and to create a clean finish.
- Made in Los Angeles
- Like our Marilyn tee, the Francois works for any occasion.
- It can be paired with jeans for a more casual look, the Sophia pencil skirt or Diana A-line skirts when you are looking for a classic yet comfortable look for the office.
- We also love it with the Carole pants, belt, sandals, and headscarf for that Jackie O in Capri look.
Note: The Francoise is one of our most popular shirts. It will be restocked in black in white over the next month.