- Why we love it:
- Fit notes and construction details:
- About the fabric:
- Delivery & Returns
One of Elizabeth Taylor’s most iconic roles is as “Maggie the Cat” in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and so are her costumes designed by the equally iconic, Helen Rose. Elizabeth Taylor only wore three outfits throughout this film and the iconic white chiffon dress was supposed to be a shirt dress, but Helen Rose knew Liz would never go for that style. This dress is similar to our Maggie shirt and this dress pays homage to the legendary costume designer. Elizabeth Taylor’s wardrobe in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof showcases Helen Rose’s attention to detail in styling, fabric and fit — details that echo Senza Tempo’s style and design ethos.
- The classic shirt dress is a wardrobe staple and we wanted to create a polished yet versatile option when launched our shirting capsule collection.
- This relaxed pull-over tunic dress looks like a button-down only there aren’t any buttons, so you never have to worry about them popping off or pulling at your chest.
- The kimono sleeve and longer tunic style gives you extra room in the arm and shoulder, and a more relaxed fit.
- This fabric is slightly thicker than the white cotton pique the Maggie and Debra shirts are made from, but is made in the same mill in Switzerland.
- The crisp Swiss cotton pique lends an air of polish to the style while making it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles.
- While we love the idea of a no iron white shirt, we don’t love the chemicals that go into making them that way. The texture of the pique masks wrinkles for days when you don’t feel like ironing.
- This dressy yet casual shirt dress has a roomy fit, but is not oversized. If you want an oversized fit, size up.
- Sleeves hit at wrist and feature a French-inspired cuff that can be turned back for a polished rolled shirt-sleeves look.
- 100% Swiss cotton pique.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles.
- The Helen is made from a Swiss cotton pique from one of the finest mills in Switzerland. The fabric meets the Swiss+ Cotton standards.
- The key attributes that distinguish Swiss+ certified cotton is that the raw material can only be extra long staple cotton (ELS) which is only 1% of the cotton produced in the U.S. and Egypt. The fibers must be at least 35.7mm. The length of the cotton fiber is what gives it its strength and makes this cotton 40% stronger than average cotton.
- Swiss expertise in the production (at least 67% of the value add to the raw material must be done in Switzerland to meet the Swiss+ standard) helps further distinguish Swiss+ cotton from other production centers.
- The mill produces all fabrics to Oekotex standards.
- The Helen can be washed at home on the delicate cycle (cold water only).
- Lay flat or hang to air dry. Cool iron though the texture of the cotton pique fabric makes it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles.
- Helen can also be dry cleaned.
Delivery: We offer complimentary ground shipping for orders within the United States via UPS. These orders typically arrive within 3–5 business days. Most orders ship same day if placed before 5 p.m. EST, or the next business day. Orders can take 3 business days to be processed.
Returns: We aim to help ever client make a fully informed purchase and are available for questions via chat, email or Zoom. If you are not satisfied with your Senza Tempo, you must request a return within 7 days of receiving your order by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return.
Exchanges: If you would like to exchange your item, please email us your desired size and we will set aside the other item which will be shipped as soon as we receive your return.