The housedress was a common item of clothing for women of our grandmother’s generation when few worked outside the home. Today, women fill many roles: homemaker, mother, wife, executive. They need more versatility — a wardrobe that fills as many roles as they do in life. The Maria housedress is named for the founder's Greek grandmother.
Why we love it:
- The Maria is made from 100% cotton men’s shirting material that has a slight texture to create a silk-like sheen. The fabric elevates this simple style.
- It’s a lightweight, breezy material that already feels like your favorite pair of old pajamas and makes this style work as a sundress or nap dress.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% cotton house dress with pockets. Deadstock fabric.
- The loose A-line style shape flatters most body types and hits at the knee.
- Darts at the bust give shape, but can be let out to create a looser fit.
- Pockets are lined and finished on the inside for stability.
- This style is loose, but not oversized. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up, or if you want a looser fit order one size up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- You can let out the darts to give additional room in the bust and create a straighter looser fit.
- We like the idea of adding vintage or unique buttons to the pockets to personalize the dress.
- Pair it with our Betty housecoat or your favorite cardigan when the weather turns.
- Deadstock is leftover fabric ordered by brands that overestimated their needs.
- We use several local suppliers in Los Angeles who carry overstock fabric. This strategy prevents us from creating additional waste in the form of excess fabric.
- It also helps lower our carbon footprint as these suppliers are within walking distance of our Los Angeles atelier.
- It also means this style cannot be re-stocked once the supply we purchased runs out.