Clothes like music can transport us. The photo of Marisa Berenson from 1967 by Henry Clarke in a gold caftan by Tina Lesser in Sardinia inspired this more refined, less elaborate caftan that’s part of our four-piece loungewear capsule.
Why we love it:
- V-neckline that suits various body types.
- Midi style gives you flexibility to wear it with flats or heels.
- We fell in love with this gunmetal gray color, one of the most universally flattering shades and a great neutral for most any wardrobe.
- Micromodal gives the drape of silk, but the ease of cotton when it comes to care.
- The heavier weight of this unique deadstock micromodal fabric is as unusual as it is luxurious and is the best substitute we’ve found for silk jersey.
- We think its softness feels like a gentle hug. It’s perfect for days when you want to wear your pajamas all day, but can’t.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Side slits hit above the knee.
- Three-quarter sleeve with split cuff on the outside.
- Style is designed to be relaxed, but not oversized. Order one size up if you want a looser fit, though the fabric has plenty of stretch for comfort.
- 92% Micromodal, 8% Spandex.
- Email us or send us a chat for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles.
- A belt or scarf tied around the waist is a great way to add a little polish to this style along with a double strand of pearls. A long set of beads with a headscarf is perfect for that retro 1970s look.
- Micromodal should be washed on the delicate cycle in cold water only. Use a detergent formulated for delicates and place the items in a mesh bag while washing will help the fabric wear better over time.
- Tumble dry low or lay flat to air dry.
What is deadstock fabric?
- Deadstock is leftover fabric ordered by brands who overestimated their needs.
- We use several local suppliers in Los Angeles who carry overstock fabric. This strategy prevents us from creating additional waste.
- It also helps lower our carbon footprint as these suppliers are within walking distance of our atelier.
- It also means this style cannot be restocked in this particular color and fabric once the supply we purchased runs out.