The 1970s were about freedom, dancing, and ease. Model Pat Cleveland was the embodiment of that era ‚Äî dancing and floating down the runway in Halston's silk jersey loungewear or one of Steven Burrow's flowing, bias-cut creations who once said: Clothes should be fun and easy to move in. They're like toys for adults to play with. We couldn't agree more. Ms. Cleveland inspired this tunic top which matches the Claire I pants.
Why we love it:
- Evening pajamas were a form of luxury loungewear made popular by designers like Halston and Norman Norrell especially in the 1970s to wear for at home entertaining.
- Whether you are working from home or lounging on the beach, the Claire I wide-leg pants you'll be comfortable and chic.
- The heavier weight of this unique deadstock micromodal fabric is as unusual as it is luxurious and is the best substitute we've found for silk jersey, but easier to care for in that it's machine washable. It's perfect for days when you want to wear your pajamas all day, but can't.
Fit notes and construction details:
- Tunic style top with a modest keyhole neckline that hits just at the bust line ‚Äî it's flattering and a little sexy without being too conservative.
- Unique asymmetrical bell-shaped sleeve.
- Side slits hit at mid-hip slightly covering your bum.
- Style is designed to be relaxed, but not oversized. Order one size up if you want a looser fit, though the fabric has plenty of stretch for comfort.
- 92% Micromodal, 8% Spandex. Deadstock.
- Micromodal is a breathable fabric made from Beech trees. We think its softness feels like a gentle hug.
- Email us or send us a text for additional sizing help.
- Made in Los Angeles.
- This style matches the Claire II pants for a coordinated look.
- Micromodal should be washed on the delicate cycle in cold water only. Use a detergent formulated for delicates and placing the items in a mesh bag while washing will help the fabric wear better over time.
- Tumble dry low or lay flat to air dry.
What is deadstock fabric?
- Deadstock is leftover fabric ordered by brands that overestimated their needs.
- We use several local suppliers in Los Angeles who carry overstock fabric. This strategy prevents us from creating additional waste in the form of excess fabric.
- It also helps lower our carbon footprint as these suppliers are within walking distance of our atelier.
- It also means this style cannot be re-stocked in this fabric once the supply we purchased runs out.
Save 10% when you use the code STUDIO 54 when you buy two or more items from the micromodal collection.