The photo of Suzy Parker along the Seine by Louise-Dahl Wolfe from 1953 is one of our all-time favorite fashion photos, as is the Balenciaga tulip dress created almost a decade later. This style tunic draws inspiration from these two iconic garments and photos. This refined tunic is our timeless interpretation.
Note: This version of Suzy is made from deadstock fabric and will not be re-issued in this fabric due to its limited availability.
Why we love it:
- The Suzy is made from a 100% cotton men’s shirting fabric that has a gorgeous silk-like texture. The color looks icy blue to white depending on the light.
- This style gives you the ease of a button-down shirt, but with cleaner lines since we left out the buttons.
- Overlapping petal-like side seam detail and split cuff add distinction without being fussy.
Fit notes and construction details:
- 100% cotton textured fabric adds dimension to the style.
- Modest V-neck and three-quarter length sleeves with split cuff on the inside.
- Darts give shape from waist to bust.
- This style is meant to fit and it does not have spandex in the fabric. It is not an oversized tunic. If you are on the border of sizes or if you want a looser fit, we recommend sizing up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might consider we run small.
- Email us or send us a text if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- This style works for the workweek or weekends, it’s look will depend on whether you pair it with jeans or a pencil skirt like the Sophia.