- Why we love it:
- Fit notes and construction details:
- Styling ideas:
- What is Deadstock Fabric?
- Delivery & Returns
The housedress was a common item of clothing for women of our grandmother's generation when few worked outside the home. Today, women fill many roles: homemaker, mother, wife, executive. They need more versatility ‚Äî a wardrobe that fills as many roles as they do in life. The Maria housedress is named for the founder's Greek grandmother.
- The Maria is made from 100% cotton men's shirting material that has a slight texture to create a silk-like sheen. The fabric elevates this simple style.
- It's a lightweight, breezy material that already feels like your favorite pair of old pajamas and makes this style work as a sundress or casual nap dress.
- 100% cotton house dress with pockets. Deadstock fabric.
- The loose a-line style shape flatters most body types and hits at the knee.
- Darts at the bust give shape, but can be let out to create a looser fit.
- Pockets are lined and finished on the inside for stability.
- This style is loose, but not oversized. If you are on the border of sizes, we recommend sizing up, or if you want a looser fit order one size up. We do not do vanity sizing, therefore one might feel we run small.
- Email us if you need additional help selecting a size.
- Made in Los Angeles
- Size Guide >
**Note: Final sale items can only be exchanged or returned for store credit.**
- You can let out the darts to give additional room in the bust and create a straighter looser fit.
- We like the idea of adding vintage or unique buttons to the pockets to personalize the dress.
- Pair it with our Betty housecoat or your favorite cardigan when the weather turns.
- Deadstock is leftover fabric ordered by brands that overestimated their needs.
- We use several local suppliers in Los Angeles who carry overstock fabric. This strategy prevents us from creating additional waste in the form of excess fabric.
- It also helps lower our carbon footprint as these suppliers are within walking distance of our Los Angeles atelier.
- It also means this style cannot be re-stocked once the supply we purchased runs out.
Delivery: We offer complimentary ground shipping for orders within the United States via UPS. These orders typically arrive within 3–5 business days. Most orders ship same day if placed before 5 p.m. EST, or the next business day. Orders can take 3 business days to be processed.
Returns: We aim to help ever client make a fully informed purchase and are available for questions via chat, email or Zoom. If you are not satisfied with your Senza Tempo, you must request a return within 7 days of receiving your order by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return.
Exchanges: If you would like to exchange your item, please email us your desired size and we will set aside the other item which will be shipped as soon as we receive your return.