- Why we love it:
- Fit notes and construction details:
- Styling ideas:
- What is deadstock fabric?
- Delivery & Returns
There are outfits from movies that are burned in our collective memories like Audrey Hepburn's little black Givenchy dress in the opening scene of Breakfast at Tiffany's. The green ensemble Gwyneth Paltrow wears in the 1998 film Great Expectations is one of those iconic outfits. It was the tail end of a decade of minimalist fashion. The height of the frenzy over Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy's chic minimalist style. It was a time when long, slim skirts were popular for both casual wear and the office — a style we think is still a wardrobe essential.
- The cut of this skirt skims the body and a front kick pleat added for ease of movement and understated sex appeal.
- Skirt has a higher waist to create a streamlined look. Fits at your natural waist.
- The heavier weight of this unique deadstock micromodal fabric is as unusual as it is luxurious and is the best substitute we've found for silk jersey, but easier to care for in that it's machine washable. It's perfect for days when you want to wear your pajamas all day, but can't.
- High waist pencil skirt.
- Two-inch elastic waistband for comfort and prevents the dreaded muffin top.
- Style is designed to be relaxed, but it is not oversized. Order one size up if you want to wear lower on your hips.
- 92% Micromodal, 8% Spandex. Deadstock fabric.
- Email us for additional sizing help
- Made in Los Angeles.
- Save 10% when you use the code STUDIO 54 when you buy two or more items from the micromodal collection.
- We love this style paired with a button-down for a more casual look.
- Top it with a blazer and one of our Marilyn tees for a more polished look for the office.
- Micromodal should be washed on the delicate cycle in cold water only. Use a detergent formulated for delicates and placing the items in a mesh bag while washing will help the fabric wear better over time.
- Tumble dry low or lay flat to air dry.
- Deadstock is leftover fabric ordered by brands that overestimated their needs.
- We use several local suppliers in Los Angeles who carry overstock fabric. This strategy prevents us from creating additional waste in the form of excess fabric.
- It also helps lower our carbon footprint as these suppliers are within walking distance of our atelier.
- It also means this style cannot be re-stocked in this fabric once the supply we purchased runs out.
Delivery: We offer complimentary ground shipping for orders within the United States via UPS. These orders typically arrive within 3–5 business days. Most orders ship same day if placed before 5 p.m. EST, or the next business day. Orders can take 3 business days to be processed.
Returns: We aim to help ever client make a fully informed purchase and are available for questions via chat, email or Zoom. If you are not satisfied with your Senza Tempo, you must request a return within 7 days of receiving your order by emailing us at: email@example.com with your order number and reason for return.
Exchanges: If you would like to exchange your item, please email us your desired size and we will set aside the other item which will be shipped as soon as we receive your return.