- Why we love it:
- Fit notes and construction details:
- About the fabric:
- Styling ideas:
- Delivery & Returns
One of Elizabeth Taylor’s most iconic roles is as “Maggie the Cat” in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and so are her costumes designed by the equally iconic, Helen Rose. She only wore three outfits throughout the film. This white shirt was inspired by the silk blouse she wore in the opening scenes. The costumes in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof showcase Helen Rose’s attention to detail in styling, fabric and fit — details that echo Senza Tempo’s style and design ethos.
- A white shirt is a wardrobe staple and we wanted to create the best, most versatile version when we launched ours.
- This white shirt is a relaxed pull-over tunic. The placket looks like a button-down only there aren’t any buttons, so you never have to worry about them popping off or the shirt pulling at your chest.
- The kimono sleeve and longer tunic style gives the shirt a relaxed fit and feel.
- The crisp Swiss cotton pique lends an air of polish while making it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles. While we love the idea of a no iron white shirt, but we don’t love the chemicals that go into making them that way. The texture of the pique better masks wrinkles for when you don’t feel like ironing.
- This dressy yet casual white shirt has a roomy fit, but is not oversized.
- If you want an oversized fit, we suggest selecting one size up.
- Sleeves hit at wrist and feature a French-inspired cuff that can be turned back for a polished rolled shirt-sleeves look.
- 100% Swiss cotton pique.
- We do not do vanity sizing, so some might feel we run small.
- Size Guide >
- Made in L.A.
- The Maggie is made from a Swiss cotton pique from one of the finest mills in Switzerland. The fabric meets the Swiss+ Cotton standards.
- The key attributes that distinguish Swiss+ certified cotton is that the raw material can only be extra long staple cotton (ELS) which is only 1% of the cotton produced in the U.S. and Egypt. The fibers must be at least 35.7mm. The length of the cotton fiber is what gives it its strength and makes this cotton 40% stronger than average cotton.
- Swiss expertise in the production (at least 67% of the value add to the raw material must be done in Switzerland to meet the Swiss+ standard) helps further distinguish Swiss+ cotton from other production centers.
- The mill produces all fabrics to Oekotex standards.
- Senza Tempo founder lives in white shirts whether it’s tees like the Marilyn, button-downs or tunics. With jeans for travel or casual shorts when working from home.
- We love this style paired with cigarette pants for when you need comfort with polish, or paired with wide-leg pants like the Claire I pants for a relaxed casual feel.
- The Maggie can be washed at home on the delicate cycle (cold water only).
- Lay flat or hang to air dry. Cool iron though the texture of the cotton pique fabric makes it forgiving when it comes to wrinkles.
- Maggie can also be dry cleaned.
Delivery: We offer complimentary ground shipping for orders within the United States via UPS. These orders typically arrive within 3–5 business days. Most orders ship same day if placed before 5 p.m. EST, or the next business day. Orders can take 3 business days to be processed.
Returns: We aim to help ever client make a fully informed purchase and are available for questions via chat, email or Zoom. If you are not satisfied with your Senza Tempo, you must request a return within 7 days of receiving your order by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return.
Exchanges: If you would like to exchange your item, please email us your desired size and we will set aside the other item which will be shipped as soon as we receive your return.